This word comes from the sweetness of the tongue barfi.
barfi type of mithai. Originally from India,the name is a derivative of the Persian word barf, which means snow.
The flavor of a barfi is often enhanced with fruits (such as mango or coconut).
One of the my favorite barfi is Coconut barfi how to make Coconut barfi below Mehod. Please have a look.
In Maharashtra famous Coconut Burfi are also called “Naralipak” and in Marathi Khobaryachya Vadya. Coconut barfi is an easy to make and quick recipe.
Coconut Burfi(नारळाच्या वड्या | Naral Wadi)
preparation time – 20 mins
Cook time -20 mins
- Granted Coconut -3
- Sugar – 3 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 2 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
Making the sweet coconut Barfi
- Heat a pan with ghee when ghee is mest add granted coconut and saute it after 30 Seconds add sugar. Mix and begin to heat or a meMixtureat
- Sugar begins melt and the time add cardamom powder and keep stirring.
- At some Time Mixture turns goeey and bubbly continue stir.
- After some time that mixture begins to thicken continue to stir
- Mixture are almost sticky but continue stirring
- We need to cook past the earlier step just for few secondlevelil all the bubble vanish the mixture also begins to leave the side of the pan
- Now a grease cool plate. I prefer to use parchment paper for easy removal. You can also use aluminium foil.
- Immediately pour this to the pan and level the top.
- Cut to desired size.The mixture cools down.
- Mixture keep it in a cool and store coconut barfi in a tight jar.