Ukdiche Modak is one of the favorite sweets of load ganpati. Modak make on the first day of ganesh chaturti. Ukdiche modak is one of the most popular for maharastrian people. It is generally use foe naivaidya to ganpati bappa.
Ukdiche Modak is delicious and fat free. The Combination of jiggery mixed with coconut cover with testy rice flour steamed.
Ukdiche Modak (STEAMED MODAK)
preparation time – 40 mins
Cook time -20 mins
For modak Outer cover :
- Rice flour – 500 gms
- Boiled Water – 2 cups
- Oil or Ghee – ¼ TSp
- Sailt to Taste
For the inner sweet filing :
- Grated Cocomnut -1
- Jiggery – 1 cup
- Poppey seeds (khas khas) – ½ tsp
- Cardamoms powder – ½ tsp
- Oil or ghee – 1 tsp
- Dryfruits (optional)
Making the sweet filing for the modak
- Heat ghee in wok. After that add jiggery when jiggery melt add grated coconut mix it well.
- After 1 minutes add cardamom powder & Dry fruits & mix it all on low flame.
- Cook this mixture till the jiggery begins to dry . swich of the flame cooling the mixturewill thicken more
Making the outer cover of the ukdiche modak
- In a pan add water , oil or ghee & pinch of salt. Keep it on the stove top.
- When the water is hot/boil add rice flour & mix it 2 or 3 minute.
- Now take all the mixture in a plate
- Gather the mixture together & begins to kned it.the mixture will be hot when, you begin to kned. So apply some water on your palms & kned the mixture. If you feel the mixture looks dense or hard or dry, then just add a few teaspoons of warm water & continue to knead.
- The mixture should be smooth without any lumps
- Make small smooth balls. The balls should not have any crack
- Take a bal in your plam & flatten itwith yours fingers to a round disc you can apply ghee/oil in your plans while flattening
- After that place the modak filing in the center.
- Press the edges. You can also press the edgs first & then add the filling.
- Bring together all the edgs & join them. Remove the extra portion of the mixture from the top if any shape & taper the top of the modak with your fingers . you can also use ready modak moulds.